Basis shatters the notion that soundstage-enriching, deep and authoritative sub-bass must come from a large cabinet. Basis performs with the precision of a scalpel and the power of a sledgehammer.
As a true ultra-fidelity subwoofer, Basis has huge bandwidth. It combines an entirely new, innovative driver, extreme cabinet engineering and an exceptional, wideband amplifier: Basis is capable of performing as nearly a full range speaker by itself. When all of this capability is focused on the challenging and all-important sub bass region, the Basis proves its place well beyond the competition.
Where other high-end subwoofers still struggle to avoid harmonic distortion, Basis delivers industry-leading behavior at the very lowest frequencies, with true fundamental bass for the discerning audiophile.
It does this powerful work seamlessly, weaving bass energy into the expanded soundstage as if the Basis is an elemental part of the foundation. Graceful curves and diminutive size belie an authority and strength we have only found to be bettered by our legendary Invincible subwoofer.
For Basis, we incorporated a holistic design approach aimed at achieving the ultimate in high-end subwoofer performance. That we also achieved this in a compact package, one which can disappear sonically and visually in any listening environment, was a satisfying by-product of our process.
Listeners can enjoy a single unit, or stack multiple units in Duo or Trio configurations. This does much more than simply adding greater power: stacking loads rooms more evenly with bass energy, flattening modes more effectively than any other strategy.
Basis lends beauty and soul to a reference-level system, delivering a meaningful improvement without adding any character of its own. Its quiet strength comes from thousands of hours of development focused on every single aspect of the design.
YG Basis Subwoofer
- Active subwoofer with DSP filter
- 32 cm (12.5”) BilletCore drivers with 3” voice coil, titanium former and massive double magnet motor
- Basis Duo: dual driver
- Basis Trio: triple driver
- Audiophile grade amplifier providing up to 6kW RMS (requires 230V AC otherwise 3kW)
- Usable output extends from below 16 Hz
- Exceptionally low distortion throughout range
- Proprietary DSP crossover with user-controllable phase and frequency
- Preset options for matching with YG Reference speakers
- Extensive options for matching third-party speakers
DIMENSIONS (H × W × D)
- Basis: 56 × 42 × 52 cm (22 × 16.5 × 20.5”)
- Basis Duo: 105 × 42 × 52 cm (41.5 × 16.5 × 20.5”)
- Basis Trio: 153 × 42 × 52 cm (60 × 16.5 × 20.5”)
- Basis: 70 kg (154 lbs) per speaker
- Basis Duo: 135 kg (297 lbs) per speaker
- Basis Trio: 200 kg (440 lbs) per speaker
- Standard finishes are silver and black
- Please contact your dealer for other finish options